Hi everyone! I’m back after a long hiatus! How has everyone been doing? I know I’ve been away for a long time but hopefully I can start posting again once in a while. I’ve been busy baking, cooking and gaining weight. lol! I’ll be visiting blogs again this week. Syempre na miss ko kayo!
I’ll start my post with a recipe. I baked these cookies for the halloween. It was really fun making these!
1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp Almond extract
1 tsp Vanilla
2 2/3 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
For the bloody nails:
red food color
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. In a bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
3. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm.
5. Shape the dough into fingers by rolling with your hands. Squeeze in center to form a knuckle. Use a knife to score each knuckle.
6. Press an almond firmly into 1 end for a fingernail.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Cool on wire racks
9. Lift up the almond and squeeze red icing onto the nailbed and press the almond back in place.
I tried taking photos of Ykaie holding the plate of cookies but she wouldn’t coz she thought they were moving. lol! She was kinda scared at first but she ate them anyway.
I’d also like to share photos of Ykaie’s first trick-or-treating. I bought this ladybug costume last year when it was on sale.